Ashlyn played in the last soccer game of the season on Saturday. They may not be the winningest team but they sure are the team that has the most fun. After the game each player received a trophy. Ashlyn was so proud of her FIRST trophy and let everyone know all about it. The Blasters ended the season with a pizza party at Cici's Pizza.
Ashlyn sang during the church service this morning. As you can see in the picture, she was really in to the hand motions and feeling the words. She attends Sunday school each Sunday at 9:45 am and then goes to choir practice at 11:00 am. Avery spends 2 hours in Sunday school. She will be able to join choir next year.
This afternoon we went to a nearby park for family photos. As quickly as the girls grow and change, I want a permanent reminder of them at each age. Just looking through pictures brings back so many memories that I might have forgotten had I not captured it with the camera. I can't wait to get the proofs back so I can compare them to our family portrait taken at this time last year. It's amazing and exciting to think about all the ways they have grown and developed over the past year. At the same time, it pulls at my heart just a bit to realize that the time doesn't slow down.



We played around afterwards and I took a few pictures myself. If only I had that awesome camera the photographer had! I forgot to mention that Ashlyn wore her "picture dress" to church this morning as well. I told her to be extra careful not to get anything on it. I should have known better... she somehow managed to sit on a pen in her booster seat in the car and it leaked all over the back of her dress. Chris and I took turns scrubbing the dress all afternoon and washed it in the washer twice. Luckily the pictures weren't until early evening and we managed to get most of the ink out of her brand new dress. New rule now- no pens in the car! She likes to take a pen and note pad in the car and write letters or draw pictures to give to people.




0 comments:
Post a Comment