Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trip to New Braunfels; 10 Year Anniversary

We took a family vacation to New Braunfels this past week, June 4-8. The girls wanted to spend some time with their grandparents and Chris and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at a few Hill Country Wineries.

On Friday, Chris and I took the girls to Sea World! We had a blast! Feeding the dolphins seemed to be the group favorite along with sitting in the "splash zone" for the Shamu show. Our dare devil, Ashlyn, insisted on going on the roller coaster with her dad. Avery and I watched at the bottom while playing in the sprinklers. Although the roller coaster was quite a breath taking experience for Ashlyn, she was ready to go again as soon as she got off the ride. We went to the water park section of Sea World for the first time this trip. We all really enjoyed the wave pool and a few smaller water slides too.

On Saturday, Chris and I headed out to enjoy some Hill Country Wineries to celebrate 10 years together. Ashlyn and Avery stayed with Grammy and Poppy and enjoyed going to New Braunfels fabulous park, rode the little train around the park and fed the ducks. Chris and I really enjoyed the several wineries we visited and were pleasantly surprised at how good many of the wines were and actually feel like we were in Napa at times. The Texas Hill Country is really beautiful and a perfect setting for beautiful wineries.

We returned to Grammy and Poppy's Sunday evening and celebrated Poppy's birthday with a wonderful dinner he prepared on the grill, paired with a great wine we brought back from one of the wineries. We left Monday morning for home, sad to leave Grammy and Poppy behind.



Ashlyn & Avery feeding the dolphins

Sitting in the splash zone at the Shamu Show

Waiting for the Shamu Show to start. Avery wasn't too sure what to think about the person I asked to take our picture.


Ashlyn and Chris in the front row of the roller coaster



About to enjoy a glass of wine at Grape Creek Vineyards




Relaxing... Ahhhh!


Cheers to 10 years!


Lunch in Grammy & Poppy's backyard



Dinner in the backyard to celebrate Poppy's birthday




Ashlyn driving the Jeep around the backyard



Poppy opening his birthday present

0 comments: