WOW! What an amazing week! We just finished a week of learning about Jesus and having fun with friends. Ashlyn, Avery and Abbie had a great week and they woke up each morning excited for the day ahead at VBS. Our church's theme was Camp E.D.G.E. (experience and discover God everywhere). I was a leader for Ashlyn's 5 year old group- 15 of them actually! Ryann was in our group also. We had a blast learning about God through music, crafts, science, drama and recreation. My favorite was the music. Ashlyn said her favorite part was, "all of it". She especially enjoyed Friday's water games with water squirters and water balloon fights. The songs are so catchy and send such an uplifting message. The girls and I found ourselves singing the songs throughout the day all week long... "L-E-T-S, G-O". I was amazed to see what an impression this week had on Abbie. She learned and believed right away that "Jesus is my friend" and talked about it with us a lot with much enthusiasm. Moments like these are what bring me and the 200+ volunteers back each year.
We also participated in VBS at Payton and Hudson's school, FBC of McKinney, in June. They had a "Boomerang Express" Australian theme. I again volunteered in Ashlyn's group, although I requested (but was not assigned) to be in Avery's group so I could have a chance to volunteer in each girl's group. This was another amazing week and I left there each day feeling positive, happy, renewed and energetic, despite the time and energy required to make each day a success for the kids that attended each day. The girls had so much fun, despite not knowing a single person on the first day. Praise the Lord!




0 comments:
Post a Comment