Friday, October 30, 2009

Avery- Our Funny Girl

Things Avery said:

Chris sometimes "threatens" the girls into good behavior... he tells them he will call Santa if they don't do what he needs them to do. Last Sunday while getting dressed for church, Avery wasn't cooperating when getting dressed. Chris said to her, "Do I need to call Jesus?" Avery replied, "You don't have to call Him, Jesus is everywhere!" So precious! It's amazing what little kids absorb in school. I'm thankful for her preschool that focuses on Christian teachings.


While visiting Mimi this week, she gave us some stew that she made for us to take home for dinner. Being the "reuser" she is, she put our stew in a large pickle jar to take home. Who needs tupperware when you have things like pickle jars and cool whip bowls! He, He! (one of the many things I love about my Mimi!) When we got home and I was warming the stew up, Avery says to me, "I don't like pickle soup!" I got a good belly laugh out of that one.


Ashlyn is my 'rule follower', at least while at school or with other adults. She gets her feelings hurt and is practically devastated if she gets a time-out or her name called. (I can't say as much when at home.) Avery on the other hand just throws the so called "rules" out the window. Consequences are no big deal to her. This week she has been in time out at school for refusing to pick up with the rest of the class, was being 'talked-to' as I picked her up from school for climbing up on the fence, and today she told me she didn't get a stamp at school. I never did figure out what caused her to loose the stamp. Unfortunately, Avery doesn't feel at all sad or bothered by any of it. She smiles a bit when talking about it even. I'm certain we need to find a new strategy before the teenage years arrive!

1 comments:

Victoria said...

so funny Steph! I love that Chris wants to call Jesus!