Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GOAL!

Ashlyn's very first soccer game was this past Saturday morning (8:15 AM to be exact!). I had a bit of trouble getting her to wake up until I mentioned it was time to get ready for her soccer game. She was up in an instant and dancing around with excitement! She is on a fun spirited co-ed team. You might be wondering how the boys and girls do playing together... actually, the girls seem to be tougher than the boys. The game was fun and even amusing at times. Ashlyn played a great game! We are quite impressed with how natural she looks out there- a little bit aggressive, staying right in front and close to the ball at all times, quick and alert. You never would have know that she had never played a soccer game before and had only had 2 practices. Best of all, Ashlyn scored a GOAL! I'm not too familiar with the soccer lingo, but she took the ball from the halfway line, dribbled it all the way down field and kicked the ball into the goal in what seemed to be just a few seconds. I was up on my feet, jumping and cheering. I may have been more excited than she was. Chris was so excited he forgot to take a picture. I think I managed to get it on video, but I'm not sure how great of an aim I was with the video camera while jumping up and down in excitement. Avery also enjoyed the game and tried her best, over and over, to join the team on the field. Ashlyn said she had a lot of fun playing and she can't wait until the next soccer game. Of course, the donuts that her teammate brought for the after-game snack may have been the perfect ending to the game, in her opinion anyway.


Ashlyn sporting her soccer uniform: Team name-"Blasters"



Ashlyn (#6) and her buddy spot the donuts!

0 comments: