Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Weekend Away

Time to play catch up. We are stuck in the house today since hurricane Ike is invading Texas causing rainy weather for us. The worst of the storm has not reached us yet, though. I won't complain as we need the rain and we are fortunate to not be experiencing the damaging winds and flooding happening in the Galveston and Houston areas. Ashlyn's first soccer game was cancelled this morning due to the weather. We were really looking forward to it.

Last weekend I went by myself to New Braunfels for Mag's baby shower. Ashlyn, Avery and Chris stayed home as did Ross and Abbie. So, mom , dad, Mag and I were able to really enjoy some time together which I can not remember the last time we had this opportunity. As much as we enjoy spending time all together with the kiddos, all focus is usually on the kids doing kiddo activities. So this weekend we were able to do what we wanted to do- adult things. I flew in Friday night and mom, Mag and I enjoyed my favorite, sushi! Dad did not join us; he'd rather stay home then have to eat sushi which is surprising because he typically is very go-with-the-flow and eats just about anything, just not sushi. After dinner Mag and I went out with her friends to celebrate her friend's birthday.

Saturday mom, Mag and I enjoyed a very girly day. We went for manicures/pedicures at the salon at Saks and then we had impromptu make-overs. Mag introduced us to a great line of cosmetics called Benefits. Then we did a little shoe shopping. What more can a girl ask for? Afterwards dad joined us at a quaint, upscale restaurant in New Braunfels that we never would have attempted with the kiddos. It was delicious and very relaxing and pleasant.



Beautiful mom after her make-over


On Sunday we enjoyed brunch together and then mom, Mag and I headed to Mag's baby shower. I had a great time visiting with mom's good friends and meeting many of Mag's friends. She received so many cute gifts to help prepare for the arrival of their baby girl. So exciting!


Chris and the girls survived the weekend without me. Ashlyn did not want me to go out of town. On the way to drop me off at the airport she was pouting and said to me, "Mom, don't do this to me!" Chris said she was sad at times throughout the weekend and I could hear it in her voice when I talked with her on the phone. Of course, they had several fun things planned during the weekend and Ashlyn was perfectly happy during these times. They had dinner with friends Friday night, attended a birthday party on Saturday, went to church on Sunday morning and went to Ashlyn's first GLOW Kids meeting at church Sunday afternoon. They greeted me at the airport Sunday night with big smiles, excitement and a bouquet of roses! I was happy to be back home with my girls and Chris but I certainly enjoyed (and deserved) my relaxing weekend away with my parents and sister.













0 comments: