Just Born
1 Day Old
1 Year Old
These 2 year old pictures really capture Avery's personality: so sweet and a bit reserved. When at home she can be just as outgoing, loud and talkative as her big sister. But out of her realm she likes to check things out from the side lines before taking part. She has the cutest smile; when she flashes that huge grin from ear to ear it melts my heart and always makes my day. I love her baby-fine golden blonde hair with little ringlets in the back. Chris wanted me to get her hair trimmed before school starts but I couldn't possibly cut the curls off yet. I don't have her current stats (weight, height) but will update the post after her check-up appointment in a couple of weeks.
Avery had a fun 2nd birthday party. It was held where she takes gymnastics and was an Olympic, red, white and blue theme; inspired by the 2008 Summer Olympics which just concluded. She wore an adorable Gymboree outfit which coordinated with the red, white and blue colors of the party, as did all the party favors. Many of Avery's friends and family members were there to celebrate with her. All the kids had an exciting time jumping on the trampoline, climbing on the gym equipment and balance beams, swinging from the uneven bars, hula hooping and running through 1000's of bubbles. While everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to Avery, she seems a tad bit shy and also unsure of the lit candle as she stared down at her butterfly-shaped cake made up of cupcakes. She had some help from Ashlyn to blow out the candle. The icing was red, white and blue and left many kiddo's faces quite colorful and slightly stained! I took some amusing pictures of the smaller kids who managed to get the icing well beyond their mouths and lips. Luckily, I didn't see any children with icing on their clothes! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family with which to celebrate our special moments and create lasting memories.
I have a song that I 'dedicate' to each of my girls. Avery's song is "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.
My Wish – Rascal Flatts
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you’re faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin’ ‘til you find the window
If it’s cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything
(Chorus)
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish
I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God’s grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish
This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big
Avery: Mommy and Daddy love you and Ashlyn with of our hearts. As I sing to you each night... "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey...!" Happy 2nd birthday, little girl, and many, many, many more!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment