Well, we made it... through a 2 day shopping spree to prepare for school to start in one week. I have done absolutely no shopping or preparation for school so we took full advantage of the tax free weekend and back to school sales. In two days we... well, mostly me but I did have two little companions with me on Friday, (notice I said companions and NOT helpers), and on Saturday Chris, who actually was a big help, as we elbowed our way through the shoe stores at the ridiculously over-crowded outlet mall. So in two days 'we' managed to buy the girls some new clothes (since they are growing like weeds), school shoes, socks, panties, and a school bag for Avery. Now they are all set, at least until the cold weather comes. At what age do they stop growing?!!
I want to jot down a few other happenings that I'd like to capture and remember...
Avery is really talking a lot now, adding new words to her vocabulary every day and talking in full sentences. Now, her speech isn't exactly clear and you really have to be around her frequently or have some context clues to follow what she is saying. But, she really makes us smile and sometimes laugh at what she says and how she pronounces it. Some of my favorite words or phrases to hear her say lately:
*Okay -pronounced OH-Tay or sometimes Oh-Tie
*Mommy- pronounced Mahmeeee with excitement
*No!- said quickly with a hint of a giggle
*Na, Nanny, Na- taught to her by her big sister and will usually be said as she is running away when she has something of Ashlyn's or as she is running from me. I discreetly have to turn my head and laugh making sure she doesn't see me smiling at her remarks
*Whoo-Hoo- also taught to her by Ashlyn and used when they are excited about something
* I don't know- pronounced 'I uh know' after I ask her a question like, "Where are your shoes?"
* And today she pronounced her name somewhat intelligibly for the first time
Said by Ashlyn when she looked at herself in the mirror while wearing her new 'High School Musical' sunglasses... "Wow, I didn't know I look so good in these!"
I love that she shows such self confidence and self esteem all the while being so sweet, kind, and aware of others. I pray she continues to feel this way as she matures.
(I don't have a picture of her wearing these glasses but will take one and include it here when I get a chance)
Chris calls us by our first and middle names at times when he is serious or really wanting to get our attention; Ashlyn Faith or Avery Hope or Stephanie Diane! So when Ashlyn really started to understand about first and middle names and after learning my middle name sometime last year, she began to call me, not Stephanie Diane, but Mommy Diane. She still calls me that on occasion when she is trying to be very serious or make a strong point to me. I am still so amused when she calls me by that name.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
We made it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment