Thursday, October 30, 2008

School Halloween Party

Today was Ashlyn's class Halloween party and whew am I tired! These types of experiences always give me a renewed appreciation for teachers. Never the less, we had a blast. I am the room mom for her class so I was responsible for a lot of the planning. When I agreed to the "position" I didn't quite consider or realize how much preparation goes in to a 2 hour party for 15 4 year olds. Every minute needs to be planned or chaos erupts (which it did a time or two). I think it is unavoidable when you mix costumes, sweets, and preschoolers together. All the kids looked really great in their costumes and we saw quite a variety. The kids participated in a costume parade for the parents and then a brief performance of Halloween songs. They have been practicing these songs in music class for quite a while and Ashlyn has provided entertainment at home for us as she rehearses the songs by herself. After the performance, the class enjoyed yummy snacks, a fun spiderweb craft, and games.
Avery's school didn't celebrate Halloween during school hours. The church did have a fall festival the evening of Halloween, but the girls chose to go trick-or-treating instead.







0 comments: